On any given week, as many as 50 individuals practice with me. Some of these individuals practice with me privately, and some of them come to my group classes online or at my home studio, by the Dallas Arboretum in East Dallas.
In-Person Somatic Yoga Classes
Mondays in May & June
May 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th from 10:00a.m.-11:30a.m.
(no class on Monday, May 31st)
June 7th, 14th, 21st
(no class on Monday, June 28th)
Saturdays in June
June 5th & 19th from 1:00p.m.-2:30p.m.
Where: My Home Studio in East Dallas, once you sign up you will be given the address
NEW covid considerations:
1. This class will be limited to 8 people, allowing us to maintain a comfortable distance when we are on our mats.
2. I want to encourage you to bring whatever props you enjoy using. I don’t think you will need more than your mat and blankets for the practice, so please bring what would make you most comfortable. And, I always have props available for you to use, if you feel comfortable using community props.
3. Masks are now optional. If you feel vulnerable, please wear a mask. If it makes you feel better to have me (Jessica) wear a mask while I engage with you, please make that request and I will be more than happy to do so. I received my second shot over a month ago now. If you feel that you no longer need to wear a mask, because of your vaccination status or otherwise, please feel free to be without a mask.
4. Please do not come to class if you do not feel well.
5. I will provide a sanitized and clean space with good air flow and circulation.
6. Please respect each other’s space and approach to this as we deal with this difficult time together. And, I want our yoga time together to remain a safe space for all of us to be in community with each other.
Contact me to sign up or if you have any questions at all regarding the in-person classes.
Outdoor Somatic Yoga Classes
Stay Tuned for more backyard yoga
Cost: $15 suggested donation, pay what you can via
Venmo @Jessica-OKeefe-8, cash or check
Where: In Jessica O’Keefe’s backyard in East Dallas, once you sign up, you will be given the address.
Contact me to sign up or if you have any questions at all regarding the outdoor yoga classes.
On Going Live Streaming –
Somatic Yoga Classes
LARGE GROUP CLASS
NO CLASS ON MONDAY, MAY 31st
Where: your very own home
Cost: $15/class* + recording
Follow along as I talk you through a somatic yoga practice. You will be able to watch me demonstrate the movements and sequences, and hear my instruction and cues. This a way to have a scheduled time to practice and be in community with each other. If you cannot attend the live class, I record every class and can send that to you.
Contact me to sign up, space is limited
To schedule an online or in-person private session with me, contact me.
Examples of Previous Workshops
- Explore the Endocrine Glands
- Remembering the Basic Neurocellular Patterns
- Move from your fluid system
- Find the Balanced Joint Space in all of your joints
- Digestive Tube and Embryology
- Developmental Yield/Push/Reach/Pull patterns
- Balancing the Contents and the Container: Organ System Support
- Moving from the diaphragms: pelvic, thoracic & soft palette
What is Somatic Yoga?
Somatic Yoga is an inquiry-based experiential yoga practice that explores the possibility of movement initiated from the various body systems, such as bones, organs, cells, fluids, to name a few. In this class, we utilize embodied anatomy, developmental movement, embryological study and the principles of yoga to help bring a greater sense of awareness, curiosity and clarity to each moment, movement and breath. This internal approach is a practice that can support and awaken the body in ways that bring a sense of balance, integration and ease to the many layers of the body, inside and out. If you are curious about repatterining your tissues and nervous system, developing a conversation with your internal body from a felt sense experience, and in awakening your relationship to yourself, this is the practice for you. All levels are welcome.