On any given week, as many as 50 individuals practice with me. Some of these individuals practice with me privately, and some of them come to my group classes online or at my home studio, by the Dallas Arboretum in East Dallas.
In-Person Somatic Yoga Classes
Monday, January 11th from 10:00am.-11:30a.m.
Saturday, January 30th from 1:00p.m.-2:30p.m.
Where: My Home Studio in East Dallas, once you sign up you will be given the address
1. In-person classes will be limited to 6 people, allowing us to maintain a distance of at least 6ft when we are on our mats.
2. Bring your own props: yoga mat, blankets, blocks, etc.
3. Wear a mask/face covering up the stairs and into the space. Once you are on your mat and settled, feel free to remove your mask. I will wear a mask the entire time since I will be the one talking and walking around the space.
4. Please check your temperature before you leave the house and please do not attend the class if you are feeling any symptoms of sickness like nausea, headaches, fever, chills, cough, sore throat etc. Also, please don not come to class if you realize someone in your circle of co-workers, friends and family that you have been in contact with has Covid or Covid symptoms in the past two weeks.
5. I will provide a sanitized and clean space with good air flow and circulation.
6. Hand sanitizer and lots of hand soap will be available.
Contact me to sign up or if you have any questions at all regarding the in-person classes.
Outdoor Somatic Yoga Classes
Cost: $15 suggested donation, pay what you can via Venmo @Jessica-OKeefe-8, cash or check
Donation box will be provided on location
Where: In Jessica O’Keefe’s backyard in East Dallas, once you sign up, you will be given the address.
*class size is limited to 15 people and safety precautions are below.
1. This outdoor class will be limited to15 people, allowing us to maintain a distance of at least 6ft. when we are on our mats.
2. Bring your own props.
3. Wear your mask/face covering into our backyard so that you can say hi to your friends without any awkwardness. Once you are on your mat and settled, feel free to remove your mask. I will wear a mask when I am moving amongst participants.
4. Participants are asked to not attend the class if they are feeling any symptoms of sickness or if someone in your circle of co-workers, friends and family that you have been in contact with has Covid or Covid symptoms in the past two weeks.
5. Hand sanitizer will be available.
Contact me to sign up or if you have any questions at all regarding the outdoor yoga classes.
On Going –
Live Streaming Somatic Yoga Classes
LARGE GROUP CLASSES TO CHOOSE FROM
Saturdays 10:00a.m.-11:30a.m. (CST)
Where: your very own home
Cost: $15/class* + recording
Follow along as I talk you through a practice. You will be able to watch me demonstrate the movements and sequences, and hear my instruction and cues. This a way to have a scheduled time to practice and a guide without personal attention.
SMALL GROUP CLASS
Where: your very own home
Cost: $20/class* + recording
Class size is limited to 7 people, so that I can see and observe your bodies practicing. This is as close to an in person class as we can get right now online. This class offers personal attention, because I am not demonstrating the class or doing it along with you, but will give cues based on what I am seeing and respond to what I am observing in the moment. If you do not want to be seen, that is okay too. Everyone is welcome.
* For those who would like to attend class but are financially struggling, please make me aware of that. I can only be of help if you let me know. Thank you.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE ONLINE CLASSES:
- Email me to request to join the classes you want to sign up for. I will verify availability. You can pay with Venmo or credit card. My venmo account is @Jessica-OKeefe-8. Please leave your phone number in the email if you want to pay with credit card, so that I can call you and get your credit card info. If you don’t have a Venmo account, it is free and very easy to do.
- In order to participate in any of the above classes, you will need to sign up on zoom.us. This is the online platform that I will be using for our online classes. Although, just recently I have heard from several people that it is not necessary to have a zoom account to take classes with zoom, but I would recommend opening an account just in case.
How to Set up zoom: – Go to zoom.us on your computer or laptop. – Click “sign up, it’s free” – Enter your email address and click the sign up button. – You will be sent a link to your email to activate your account. Click this link. – Choose “activate account” and then enter a user name and password. – Declare that you are not a robot and skip the invites. – You are now ready to zoom with me!
- Once you have signed up and paid for a class, I will send you an email with a link for that class. At the time of the class, go to the email that I have sent and click on the link and you will follow the prompts to begin the class on your computer. If it happens to ask for an id# or password#, both can be found just below the link in the email that I sent to you.
Contact me to sign up, space is limited
To schedule an online or in-person private session with me, contact me.
Examples of Previous Workshops
- Explore the Endocrine Glands
- Remembering the Basic Neurocellular Patterns
- Move from your fluid system
- Find the Balanced Joint Space in all of your joints
- Digestive Tube and Embryology
- Developmental Yield/Push/Reach/Pull patterns
- Balancing the Contents and the Container: Organ System Support
- Moving from the diaphragms: pelvic, thoracic & soft palette
What is Somatic Yoga?
Somatic Yoga is an inquiry-based experiential yoga practice that explores the possibility of movement initiated from the various body systems, such as bones, organs, cells, fluids, to name a few. In this class, we utilize embodied anatomy, developmental movement, embryological study and the principles of yoga to help bring a greater sense of awareness, curiosity and clarity to each moment, movement and breath. This internal approach is a practice that can support and awaken the body in ways that bring a sense of balance, integration and ease to the many layers of the body, inside and out. If you are curious about repatterining your tissues and nervous system, developing a conversation with your internal body from a felt sense experience, and in awakening your relationship to yourself, this is the practice for you. All levels are welcome.